No Comp in the school holidays
* MEMBERSHIP RENEWALS ARE DUE FOR THE NEW FINANCIAL YEAR
* WE NEED NEW TENNIS PLAYERS - Please if you know someone who wants to play in the next competition please ask them to place their contact details with the proshop
Wet Weather Matches
Teams are advised that if courts have not been declared washed out by ETDTA management before the commencement of play at 7.30pm, it is the responsibility of the individual captains of each team to mutually decide on whether a match should be washed out due to rain or wet court surface. Once court play starts after 7.30pm, the captains can still agree to declare the match washed out should conditions deteriorate with sets and games played counted and remaining unplayed sets shared.
* Individual players are reminded that if ETDTA manangement has not declared a general washout of all matches, players must still turn up for the match before 7.30pm and not assume the match is washed out or make themselves unavailable to play on the assumption that play will be washed out.
WET WEATHER REMINDER: With the current unstable weather pattern, players are asked to keep checking the main page of the website for condition of courts and whether they are playable.
* It is possible that play for the night may not be declared washed out until 6.30pm, however the earliest possible notice will be given
REMINDER: FIRST DEUCE SUDDEN DEATH PROTOCOL - LADY SERVES TO LADY / MAN SERVES TO MAN
PAYMENT OF ASSOCIATION FEES
IMPORTANT ALL PLAYERS: PLEASE ENSURE YOUR MEMBERSHIP FEES ARE PAID FOR THIS NEW FINANCIAL YEAR.
The membership year is from July 2019 to June 2020. All players were expected to renew their membership BEFORE they play in July.
This is to be done through the link which has recently been sent to all players. IF YOU DID NOT RECEIVE THE RENEWAL LINK, CONTACT email@example.com IMMEDIATELY AND THEY WILL SEND ONE TO YOU.
Penalties apply teams using unfinancial players.
* Fees are $43 for Adults, $38 for Seniors and $37 for Juniors.
June to October 2019 Competition
The new competition commenced 12th June, 2019. Up to two wet matches will be played this competition.
* COURT CONDITION REMINDER FOLLOWING RAIN - Please note that following a website notification that court complexes are NOT washed out on a particular night following afternoon rain, mutually agreeing captains STILL have the right to call off individual matches if they deem the court a wash out. This is because individual courts can still deteriorate even after they were deemed playable either due to the return of rain OR subterranean water seeping back up to the court surface as a delayed osmosis reaction from previous rain.
Problems getting players?
If your team is struggling to get players for the night, please try the following:
1. Phone all the Pool Players graded for your division or lower. This is the first option, Pool Players should be approached first.
2. Ring the other captains in your division in case one of them has a player who is rostered off can play for you.
3. Get a friend to play as a One-Time-Player. (OTPs can now play once in each competition without having to become ETDTA members).
4. As a last resort - ring your Divisional Secretary or the Competition Secretary to see if they have a solution.
5. If you try all of this, and you still cannot get a player, then play with just 3 players. The teams will then get to play 32 games on the night. You have to pay court hire if you forfeit, as does your opposition, so you should play as many sets as you can and then you can play a few sets of social tennis to get your money's worth.
Wednesday Night Mixed Competition - Synopsis
Secretary: Karen W ph 0412 998 926
Wednesday nights from 7:30 to 10:30 pm - 2 ladies and 2 men per team play each night. Each lady plays 4 sets being 2 ladies doubles and 2 mixed doubles. Each man plays 2 mens doubles and 2 mixed doubles. 8 sets are played on the night (time permitting) with each set being best of 8 games with sudden death point on the first deuce point. Semi-finals and Finals have the sudden death point played on the second deuce point. As a rule, there is no play during NSW public school holidays, however always check the draw. Costs are $110 per team registration each competition and each player must also be a member of ETDTA ($42 currently for adults) per financial year. Nightly fees are approximately $10 per night per player. Home team provides supper for both teams.
Matches are played at Pennant Hills Tennis Centre, Britannia Street, Pennant Hills and Cnr Midson Rd & Wyralla Ave, Epping.